If you want to get immediate help, advice or feedback, one of these chat rooms is the place to be. They are chatroom-based fora that let you talk about your beard aspirations without posting to another forum. Some guys, in fact, only use chat. The downside is that the audience is much smaller so you will have fewer opinions. But on the plus side, it can be a lot of fun to chat with experienced guys about their personal trials and tribulations of pursuing their bearded transformation and to find out about the non-beard aspects of their lives.
Chat rooms are also used to have a private conversation with another user. Messages are only seen by the two users and it can be a time to get serious or give directed advice to another user without being interrupted or taken off topic by another user. Most times these are set up with a previous Private Message and the chat takes place at a prearranged time.
- The official Beard Board chat room supported by Yuku
- Who's chatting: on the main menu shows who is currently in the chatroom
- Click Beard Board Chat to enter... there is no login required
- Private messages are sent in two ways and will only be seen by the recipient, indicated by <whisper> at the end of the message. Private messages are intermingled with public messages on the main screen.
- A single Private message can be sent to another user by clicking Send Private Message under his username and typing the text. Only that user will see that text and it will show <whisper> to indicate that the message is private.
- A private channel can be established with another user by clicking Open Private Channel under his name. Both users must open a private channel to each other. All text that either of you type with the channel open goes to the other user until you choose Close Private Channel. The message of the sender will indicate <whisper to username> and the message received will be marked <whisper>
- To leave the chatroom you should click the Leave button in upper left; otherwise, you could still show up in the Who's Chatting: list.
- An alternative chatroom where private chats are in separate windows.
- Click #jbb on irc.darkexile.com under Beard Board Chat on the main screen to enter
- Sign in with your Beard Board username
- Let the next screen time out
- The users currently in the chatroom are listed in the righthand column. Those actively chatting are titled Chatting; those who are inactive are titled Idlers. Be aware that some of the idlers are logged in to the chatroom but currently away from their computer. When a user begins typing, his name will appear red.
- To private chat with another user, click PM under his name and a new tab will be created with that user's name. Tabs are at the top of the screen and you freely go back and forth from one tab to another. After you send the first message, the other user will see the tab with your username and can enter the private chat room.
- Multiple private chats can be established with other users.
- When ready to leave a private chat tab, click X on the tab. When ready to leave the entire chat room, click the X at the top right.
- An alternative chatroom that has lots of special effects, emoticons, etc.
- Click http://xat.com/BeardBoard under Beard Board Chat to enter
- You will be given a temporary name to use for this chat session but regulars to this chat room establish their own account which should be the same as your Beard Board username.