It is handy to have an avatar picture as it will appear on all of your posts and it gives others a better idea of who you are when they see your posts. You may change your picture at any time and when you change it, all posts will show with the same new picture. If you change your avatar as your beard journey unfolds, it can be a signal to others to go check out your beard journey.
Steps to set up your avatar [otherwise known as Profile photo] ...
- Take a picture that shows well when cropped to a square dimension. It does not matter the resolution as it will be forced to one size... max size is 4 MB.
- Place the picture on your hard drive. You can only set the picture from your web browser... the mobile app does not have this function.
- On the top caption bar of Beard Board, click on Account to bring you to the Settings page.
- In top caption bar, just to the left of the wrench [Settings], click the person button [Profile].
- Just above your current avatar picture [shadow of a face if you have no picture yet], hold your mouse to the right of About Me text and click the Edit button when it appears.
- Click Upload New Photo button on the Profile Photo line.
- Locate your picture on the hard drive, check the box to certify distribution, then click Upload Photo.
- The photo will appear in the box as it will display... and if this looks good, click Save at the bottom; otherwise, click Discard Changes.
- Alternatively, you can click on any photo in your images and, when the enlarged photo appears, click Make Profile Pic from the options above the photo, then click OK in the pop-up window when it appears.